We’ll Train You To Be A Life Skills Coach!
Want to make a difference in someone’s life while making a difference in yours too? Become a Life Skills Coach and help people with intellectual disabilities (such as autism or Down syndrome) learn the skills necessary to live a good life. We’ll train you, so there’s no experience necessary.
What is a Life Skills Coach?
A Life Skills Coach is a coach, mentor and teacher. They help individuals with intellectual disabilities develop skills needed to integrate into the community and pursue opportunities for employment to improve their overall quality of life.
What does a Life Skills Coach do?
A Life Skills Coach helps people learn social skills, job skills, and personal care skills and provides the support needed for them to engage in daily training, recreational activities and social activities such as:
|Volunteering||Shopping||Attending Movies||Job Shadowing|
|Exercise||Cooking||Arts & Crafts/Sewing||Recreational Opportunities|
“One of the happiest moments of my life was when I took my client, who uses a wheelchair, to adaptive skiing for the first time and he screamed, ‘I really can do anything!’ at the top of his lungs.” ~ E. K. – Life Skills Coach
Why Work At The Moore Center?
- Lots of training to help enhance your resume
- Excellent Benefits – Health, Dental, Vacation & More
- Flexible Schedules Available – Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem
Come join our team!
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
The Moore Center prides itself on providing a fun and professional atmosphere while maintaining a high standard of care for those we serve. We also offer career advancement opportunities and a comprehensive training program to ensure your success.
We’re looking for applicants who want to learn and grow, while helping others do the same. All you need to bring is a positive attitude and a desire to make a difference!
In the professional community this type of position is known as a DSP (Direct Support Professional), which is a nationally recognized profession with opportunities for advancement. Our comprehensive training program is designed to help you advance and includes:
- Minimum of 6 classroom training sessions and 12 online courses on topics such as Disabilities Overview, Community Inclusion, Autism, Behavioral Support, Client Rights, Cultural Competence
- Access to the full online disability training library – over 360 courses – available through Relias Learning
- Certification training in CPR/First Aid, Defensive Driving, Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB)
- Training on personal care services
- On-going professional development in topics such as: critical thinking, email etiquette, social media guidelines
- A minimum of 30 hours on-the-job training with a professional mentor
You can also check out our additional openings here.